Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ode to Hair

Ode to Hair

Thick or thin,
Long or short,
Hair is hair,
So be a good sport.

You're brown and pretty,
Some little kid needs,
Hair to feel happy,
It was a good deed.

So though I will miss you,
You've been a good friend,
You'll soon be a wig,
Self Confidence you'll mend.

This is why I donated my hair. I feel like I can grow long pretty hair, and some people don't have hair, so I might as well help them. When I start to get sad or discouraged, I just think how happy some little girl will be and it's all ok. Here are some pictures of my hair cut.

Here I am with Traci. I'm excited and nervous!
Before we cut off the braids.
Me holding my braids. (I didn't cry like last time :)
The braids :)
Before the styling process.
Getting the cut.
Now the style.
The hair that's not braids :)
My hair do :)
And a Back View!

Now I have to learn how to do it myself. That's always the hardest with me. I like the style, although, I do miss my long hair. It was time for a change of pace, and I like it!

Learn more about donating hair to Locks of Love at http://www.locksoflove.org/


5 comments:

Ellis family said...

YOu look great! I love it!

Taffy and Tony said...

I love it, Tess! And I love that you donate your hair. Somebody will be so grateful for your hair. I want to do it, but can the hair be color treated? How long does it have to be?

bre said...

Tess you are too cute!!! Your short hair is ADORABLE!! But you look cute w/ whatever hair cut, so it's sweet of you to do such a good deed...

And Taffy, I'm with you, but from what I know the hair can't be color treated....but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Unknown said...

You're amazing Tessa! And the short hair-do is SO cute on you!! I love, love, love it!

Briant and Clyda Teichert Family said...

Hey Tess,
This is Mom. You are beautiful, long hair or short, but your true beauty comes from within you, and you are more than beautiful in my eyes. The cut makes you look older though, and I'm not too sure what I think about that!!!!Keep smilin' and just be happy Tessa!!