Sunday, April 12, 2009

Grandma Teichert's 90th!!!

Happy Birthday to You!!... Happy Birthday to You!!... Happy Birthday Dear Grandma!!... Happy Birthday to You!!!
Not often does a kid get to see their Grandma turn 90!  I consider myself lucky!  Grandma's birthday party was pretty hoppin'!  We had tons of family here, and it was loud!  I love when my family comes to visit... i normally like loud things!  haha... So, we were over at Grandma's and the candles were lit, the cake was out, grandma was sitting down with the cake in front of her, and here comes Reagan, over to help Grandma blow out the candles.  It was so funny!  We didn't have 90 candles so we had to write 90 with the candles that we did have.  I think it turned our nicely!  One memory that I have of my Grandpa more than my grandma I guess is at every Birthday party, once you blow out your candles, Grandpa would say, "What a Wind Jammer"  and it is tradition in my family, however many candles you don't blow out is how many boyfriends/ girlfriends you have and Grandma blew out all but one... one for my Grandpa.  So my grandma is a Wind Jammer and has one boyfriend!  I love Grandma!  Happy 90th!   




This is the cake after Reagan gave a puff... haha!
This is the fully lit Cake and Grandma!
What a Wind Jammer!

2 comments:

Violet Rose said...

what a cute post, Tess! I love it! I sure was great to have so much family gathered for such an awesome event! I'm glad you made a post. What a wind jammer!

Taffy and Tony said...

Tessa, I LOVE your new background! It is SOOOOO cute! And the colors for your letters are just perfect with it! Have fun with Mylie. I'm enjoying my Mylie-free day. I haven't fixed a single glass of strawberry milk, I ran on the treadmill uninterrupted, and there have been no fights between children--unless Mariah scratching Connor in the eye counts!